Cinco de Mayo Safety Tips
Cinco de Mayo falls on a Friday this year. That means lots of people out celebrating and going to home or office parties. We are sharing some safety tips to help make sure the roads are safe for our families and yours.
- Designate a sober driver before the party begins. Even if you have only had a couple of drinks, you may be impaired and should not drive. Buzzed Driving IS Drunk Driving.
- If you do not designate a sober driver, use the NHTSA's SaferRide app to phone a taxi, public transportation, a sober friend or family member. The average driving under the influence citation costs approximately $10,000. These are all cheaper alternatives and can save lives.
- Never let a friend drive intoxicated. Arrange a safe ride home for them.
- Do not ride in a vehicle with a driver who is intoxicated.
- Always buckle up. This is your best defense against drunk drivers.
- Take the keys from anyone who is thinking of driving home after drinking. Call them a cab.
- Pace yourself and do not drink too much too quickly.
- Eat Eat. Do not drink on an empty stomach; you will become intoxicated more quickly.
- Before you leave your house, write down the numbers for your local cab companies.
- Do not drive distracted. Texting while driving is one of the leading causes of traffic accidents in the U.S.
Get Help If You Need it on Cinco de Mayo
We want you to celebrate safely this Cinco de Mayo and for every event. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, it is important that you contact an experienced Orlando Auto Accident Lawyer immediately. At the Law Firm of Michael T. Gibson we offer complimentary case evaluations. We can review any settlement offer you have received from the insurance company to determine whether you have a case that may entitle you to receive greater compensation. Our experienced team of accident attorneys can help you obtain the much needed compensation for your medical bills, future medical treatment, property damage, loss of wages, pain and suffering, etc. Call us anytime at 407-490-1271 for your free consultation.