Stay Safe With These Hurricane Safety Tips From Michael T. Gibson, P.A.
The most important thing you can do in preparation for a storm is to be ready. Stock up early on hurricane essentials, like canned nonperishable foods, flashlights, and weather radios. You need to pay close attention to forecast models, so you know when and where the storm's impact will be felt and felt most. Even in the event that the storm is not at hurricane strength, we will still feel the impact of heavy rain, and wind, for a sustained period of time. If you can at all avoid the roads, it is probably best. And if you are traveling along our highways, give yourself extra time and drive with extreme care and caution. Roads are likely to flood in certain areas, as well as debris from trees, and stoplight outages. Remember also to obey and observe flashing traffic lights. Many folks fail to treat flashing traffic lights properly, and will not stop or yield when they should. Take extra caution, and above all, stay safe.
Here are some safety tips to help keep your family safe:
- Preparing For Hurricane Season
- What Should I Do If I Am Suddenly Caught In A Heavy Downpour While I'm Driving?
- Safety Tips For Driving In The Rain And Wet Weather
- Safety Tips For Driving In Foggy Weather Conditions
- How To Stay Safe From An Auto Accident While Driving In The Rain
- Car Safety Features To Help You While Driving In The Rain
- Bad Road Conditions: Tips For Avoiding A Car Accident
- Preventing A Motorcycle Accident During Wet Weather
- What Not To Do If You Are Forced To Pull Off The Road
- Proper Use Of Hazard Lights: The Law Explained To Florida Drivers
Additional Hurricane Safety Resources:
- The Essential Guide to Hurricane Preparedness From The State of Florida
- Hurricane Preparedness - Be Ready From The National Weather Service Hurricane Center
- Hurricane Preparation Guide From The Sun Sentinel
- Hurricane Information Fact Sheets From Florida Health
- Hurricane Checklist From Central Florida News 13
- Hurricane Preparation Guide From Travelers Insurance
If you need us we will be available in any event or situation just call 407-490-1271 anytime.
Hurricane season is to be expected in Orlando. Being prepared is crucial to helping you and your family to stay safe from an accident throughout the storm season. If you are hurt in a Hurricane or Tropical Storm an Orlando Personal Injury Attorney can help you get the medical care you deserve. Use the form found on this page or call 407-490-1271 to schedule your free consultation.