Super Bowl Safety Tips from the Law Firm of Michael T. Gibson
As football fans across the country gear up for Super Bowl Sunday, the Law Firm of Michael T. Gibson would like to remind those who are attending Super Bowl parties to plan ahead and enlist a designated driver before the festivities begin.
Super Bowl Sunday ranks as the second most dangerous time of the year for drunken driving fatalities, falling behind New Year's Day. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports, 43 percent of all traffic fatalities on Super Bowl Sunday (and the early hours the next morning) are caused by drunk drivers, compared to an average of 31 percent for the entire year.
In addition to party-goers designating a sober driver before the game begins, party hosts can do their part to keep their friends and family safe this Super Bowl. Below are some important safety tips if you plan on hosting a Super Bowl party:
- Plan activities. Party games and door prize drawings will engage your guests and are a great way to reduce alcohol consumption.
- Non-alcoholic beverages. Offer plenty of non-alcoholic drink options for designated drivers and guests under the age of 21.
- Use caution with mixers. Carbonated mixers like club soda can cause alcohol to be absorbed more quickly into a person's system. Fruit juice and other sweet mixers can mask the taste of alcohol causing people to drink more.
- Food. Provide your guests with plenty of food to deter them from drinking on an empty stomach and becoming intoxicated more quickly. Be mindful of offering too many salty snacks to guests. These tend to make people thirsty, causing them to drink more.
- Designate sober drivers. As your guests RSVP, make sure that at least one person in their party will not be drinking to allow for enough designated drivers.
- Take responsibility. Despite your best efforts, guests can still consume too much alcohol. Be prepared to step in. Your actions can save lives. Arrange a ride for them with a sober driver or call them a taxi.
- Drive With Caution on Super Bowl Sunday
- The Increased Risk Of Auto Accidents On Super Bowl Sunday
- Have A Safe And Healthy Super Bowl 50 Celebration This Year!
- Common Questions About Safety On Super Bowl Sunday
- MADD Provides Tips for Safe Super Bowl Celebrations
Be Safe This Super Bowl Sunday!
We want you to celebrate safely this Super Bowl Sunday. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, it is important that you contact an experienced Orlando Auto Accident Lawyer immediately. At the Law Firm of Michael T. Gibson we offer complimentary case evaluations. We can review any settlement offer you have received from the insurance company to determine whether you have a case that may entitle you to receive greater compensation. Our experienced team of accident attorneys can help you obtain the much needed compensation for your medical bills, future medical treatment, property damage, loss of wages, pain and suffering, etc. Feel free to fill out our quick contact form on our website to discuss your legal options in greater detail.