10 Tips To Help Prevent Distracted Driving in Central Florida
Distracted driving is 100% avoidable. Take charge by eliminating distractions and focus on the road. Below are ten tips from the AAA to avoid distractions while driving.
- Fully focus on the road while driving. Actively scan the road, using mirrors and be especially careful of pedestrians, motorcycles and cyclists.
- Keep loose gear and possessions that can roll around on the car floor out of reach, so you are not tempted to reach down and pick them up while driving.
- Adjust vehicle systems like your GPS, radio, mirrors, seats, etc. before hitting the road.
- Decide on your route and check traffic and weather conditions ahead of time.
- Finish getting dressed before leaving the house and do any personal grooming at home before getting behind the wheel.
- Avoid eating while driving. If possible, eat meals or snacks before getting behind the wheel.
- Secure children and pets before driving. If they need your attention while you are driving, pull over to a safe place and care for them. Reaching into the backseat while driving can cause you to lose control of your vehicle.
- Put aside electronic distractions. Do not use cell phones while driving- whether to talk, text, surf the web or email. To avoid temptation, put your cell phone where it is out of sight and out of mind. Even silencing it until you reach your destination.
- If there are passengers with you in the car, enlist their help with directions and have them be an extra set of eyes while you are driving.
- If another activity demands your attention while driving, pull off to the side of the road to a safe place to address it.
Related ResourcesTips for Preventing Distracted Driving From AAA
Get The Help You Need After An Auto Accident With A Distracted Driver
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident caused by a distracted driver, it is important to contact an experienced Orlando Auto Accident Lawyer to help you file a lawsuit. The law firm of Michael T. Gibson, P.A. is dedicated to protecting the rights of those involved in automobile accidents. We can help you obtain compensation for medical bills, future medical treatment, loss of wages, pain and suffering, etc. Feel free to fill out our quick contact form on our website to discuss your legal options in greater detail.