Getting behind the wheel of a car comes with inherent risks. Although you may be a very safe and conscientious driver, others around you may not. The point when you cross paths with the majority of these types of drivers is at intersections. With multiple vehicles driving in various directions, intersections tend to be dangerous areas.
Here are the top five ways crossing through an intersection can be dangerous and put you at risk of an Orlando accident.
- Red light runners –You know that you should stop for a red light, but not all drivers do. Some drivers try to make it through the intersection at the last second, running the red light. This can put you at tremendous risk of an Orlando car accident.
- Left turns –It may not always be easy to judge how fast a car is driving as they approach an intersection, or how far away the car actually is. Some drivers take their chances and turn left in front of oncoming traffic causing a crash.
- Rear-end collisions –Rear-end collisions are also common at intersections. If a driver is tailgating you and you stop suddenly for a red light, they may not notice that you have stopped and can easily cause a rear-end accident.
- Pedestrians –Pedestrians have the right of way in a crosswalk. When you stop for a pedestrian, the driver behind you may not see the person crossing and think you will make your turn. This can also lead to a rear-end collision.
- Distracted driving –The risks of driving while distracted are well known. Just looking down for a few seconds can mean that you will have driven the entire length of a football field without your eyes on the road. If a distracted driver is approaching an intersection, they may not be aware if the light changes color or if there is something they need to stop for.
Knowledge Equals Power in Orlando Auto Accident Cases
Intersections come with extra risk. Have you been involved in an accident in an intersection and are needing a skilled automobile accident attorney in Orlando? Auto Justice Attorney has the experience you need to help you manage the complicated battles with the insurance company and get you the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to learn more: 407-422-4529. We offer a free, initial consultation.