Five Car Safety Features That Decrease Your Car Insurance Premiums
Drivers have a number of tools available to help reduce their insurance premiums, but most of these are slow to impact your monthly rates- for example, demonstrating safe driving behavior. Installing the following car safety devices can have an immediate effect on your car insurance premiums- not to mention give you peace of mind while on the roads.
- Anti-theft Tools and Devices: Whether these have been installed or come standard with your vehicle, alarms and navigation systems can make you eligible for insurance discounts, some even as high as 10-25 percent off your total premium. Any technology that makes your car less likely to be targeted for theft makes you less risky to be insured.
- Airbags and Seatbelts: Some insurance companies will lower your car insurance rates if you have newer automated seatbelts, while others will offer discounts for passenger side and side impact airbags. Updating these features can qualify you for better discounts and increase the safety of your vehicle.
- Electronic Stability Control/Traction Control: Most new vehicles are equipped with this safety feature. Insurance companies offer savings for drivers whose cars feature technology that utilizes sensors, microprocessors, and specific controls in the car to prevent skidding and spinning out of control.
- Collision Monitoring and Blind Spot Alerts: These car safety devices reduce the chance of accidents, and of insurance claims resulting from collisions. Many new vehicles come standard with these accident-avoidance systems. If you are considering having these safety features installed, you should check with your car insurance provider and make sure they offer this discount.
- Telematic Devices: These devices monitor how much you drive and in doing so can save you money. If these devices prove that you are a safe or low-mileage driver, you should be eligible for additional discounts offered by your insurance company. Besides measuring the amount of miles you drive, they also track things like sudden breaking and rapid acceleration. Reducing these driving habits makes a person a safer driver, and can entitle them to savings with most car insurance providers. Some insurance companies even offer these devices and encourage parents to use them as a way of monitoring driving habits of their teen drivers.
More Car Safety Resources
- Car Safety Features That Can Save Your Life From Michael T. Gibson, P.A.
- Car Safety Features To Help You While Driving In The Rain From Michael T. Gibson, P.A.
- Five Safety Features That Will Decrease Your Car Insurance Prices From AutoInsureSavings.org
Many Safety Features Can Help Lower Your Insurance Premiums and Reduce The Risk of Car Accidents
These safety features can help you save on your insurance premiums, but won't prevent all car accidents. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, it is important that you contact an experienced Orlando Car Accident Lawyer, immediately. The insurance company will not automatically pay you the settlement you deserve. At the law office of Michael T. Gibson, our dedicated team of attorneys will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation you deserve to cover your medical bills, lost wages, property damage, pain and suffering, etc. following your car accident.