After a car accident in Orlando, you are filled with questions, concerns and curiosity about what happened to your vehicle and who is hurt. Your first instinct is likely to check on the passengers in your car and the other vehicle. But once you have ensured everyone is ok and you know that emergency personnel are on their way, you should still be alert and do what you can to notify other drivers of the accident ahead.
The following are a few ways you can ensure your own safety and the safety of your passengers after an Orlando car accident has happened.
- Call the police—Police are going to be your best resource for setting up warning signs for other drivers and diverting traffic as necessary. The faster you can call them, the sooner they will be on scene to help you stay safe.
- Put up road flares—If you are on a dark road or if the police will not be able to get to you in time, putting out road flares can help make other drivers aware to slow down and continue driving with caution around your accident.
- Pull to the side of the road if possible—When it is possible, it is a good idea to pull to the side of the road and get out of the way of traffic. This will also reduce your chances of being injured by a distracted driver after your Florida car accident has already occurred.
- Be aware of traffic while taking pictures—You know it is a good idea to take pictures after a Florida car crash, but it is important to do so carefully. If you have a brightly colored vest, it is a good idea to wear this while taking the necessary pictures to help be seen even easier by oncoming traffic.
- Keep everyone inside the car—Do not let anyone loiter next to the vehicle. Instead, if you must evacuate the car, head quickly and safely to the side of the road and keep everyone a safe distance from oncoming traffic.
Knowledge Equals Power in Orlando Auto Accident Cases
There is a lot to think about after a car accident and safety should be your first thought. Once emergency crews are on the scene and everyone’s injuries have been attended to, contact us for help with your case. By having an experienced Orlando auto accident lawyer on your side, you will have the best chances at getting a fair settlement.