How can I prove the driver that caused the auto accident was texting at the time of the crash?
Texting and driving can be extremely difficult to prove, but there are steps you can take to preserve evidence at the scene of the accident and help the outcome of your case.
- Notify law enforcement at the scene that you believe the other driver was texting at the time of the accident.
**It is important this information is included in the police report. **
- Get a copy of the police report.
- Check for any surveillance cameras that could have documented the other driver texting and driving at the time of the crash.
- Contact an experienced Orlando auto accident attorney who can subpoena the driver’s cell phone records and obtain surveillance camera footage from locations surrounding the scene of the accident to help prove your case.
- Get the contact information of possible eye witnesses who may have seen the other driver texting at the time of the crash.
How much have distracting driving deaths increased in the United States?
The number of deadly crashes involving distracted driving jumped 8.8% to 3,477 in 2015, the latest year in which statistics were available, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
What did a recent consumer report released by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety reveal about some of the latest in-car technologies and infotainment systems?
The study, conducted by researchers at the University of Utah, tested 30 vehicle infotainment systems and found all of them to be distracting to some degree. The study involved 120 drivers ages 21 to 36 testing 2017 model-year vehicles. The report found that 23 of those required high or very high driver focus and concentration to operate the systems effectively.
What did the study reveal about those drivers who use voice commands and touch screens to program a GPS?
It found that drivers who use voice commands and touch screens to program a GPS are distracted for an average of 40 seconds.
According to a recent study by researchers at the University of Utah, which vehicles were determined to have the most distracting dashboards and infotainment systems?
- Audi Q7 QPP
- Chrysler 300 C
- Dodge Durango GT
- Ford Mustang GT
- GMC Yukon SLT
- Honda Civic Touring
- Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
- Mazda3 Touring
- Nissan Armada SV
- Subaru Crosstrek Premium
- Tesla Model S
- Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription
Approximately how many accidents were caused by distracted driving in 2016?
Nearly 50,000 accidents were caused by distracted driving last year.
Text messaging while driving creates a crash risk how many times greater than driving undistracted?
Texting and driving creates a crash risk 23 times greater than driving undistracted.
On average, how long does a driver who is texting take their eyes off the road for?
Reading a text message while driving distracts a driver for a minimum of five seconds. With the average speed in the United States being about 55 mph, taking five seconds to read a text means that the driver travels the length of a football field with their eyes off the road.