When you have just been involved in a Florida motorcycle accident, your body has been dragged across the open road leaving your skin faced with the pain of road rash. Often times, our clients tell us that road rash is more painful than any broken bone. Even more painful is when the road rash becomes infected.
The nature of the injury leaves your road rash even more vulnerable to infection than other types of injury. This is because a road rash is an open wound filled with debris, such as dirt, gravel and sometimes even glass. These foreign agents lodged inside an already vulnerable area can make you more susceptible to infection.
Here are a few signs you may have a road rash infection after your motorcycle wreck in Florida.
- The swelling is increasing over time instead of decreasing
- The area surrounding your injury is discolored and may even appear to be green
- It has a bad smell to it or smelly discharge is coming from the wound
- It is covered in blisters and oozing
- It is painful and hot to the touch
- You have a fever
Knowledge Equals Power in Orlando Motorcycle Accident Cases
If you have any of these symptoms it is important to see your doctor right away. Then, contact our Orlando motorcycle accident attorneys for help managing your insurance claim so that you can focus on getting your body healthy again without worry that you will not receive the compensation you deserve.