Although you went through a rather thorough driver’s education course just before you received your license, over the years you have formed a number of habits. All drivers form new habits once they are alone behind the wheel, and sometimes these behaviors can prove more dangerous putting you and other drivers at risk of an Orlando accident.
To help you overcome your bad habits, here are a few driving tips from your Orlando auto accident attorney that may allow you to prevent a car crash and serious injuries:
- Buckle your seatbelt –Many drivers take their safe driving record for granted and stop wearing their seatbelt on a regular basis. You may be a defensive, safe driver, but you can’t control others on the road. If you’re struck by a distracted driver, you could be seriously injured or killed.
- Use proper safety restraints for children –Children require special safety restraints. It is important that whenever you have a child in the car you do not take the risk of allowing them to ride without proper safety equipment.
- Never drive drowsy, drunk, or distracted –Drowsy, drunk, and distracted driving are some of the most dangerous driving behaviors. Stay alert, sober, and hands free from your cell phone while behind the wheel.
- Take your time –Speeding is tempting in some situations, but it can be extremely dangerous. Take your time and drive the speed limit so that you can help avoid an Orlando auto accident.
- Continue your driver’s education –When you stop learning, you can quickly forget some of the basics, such as these tips provided here. Keep up your education and stay aware of good practices while on the road.
Knowledge Equals Power in Orlando Auto Accident Cases
If you do find yourself involved in an accident, you may want the help of an auto accident attorney. The compassionate and skilled legal team at Michael T. Gibson, P.A. is here to help you battle the insurance company and advocate for you to receive the compensation you are entitled to. Contact us to learn more today: 407-422-4529.