Daytona Bike Week Safety Tips: “Look Twice. Save a Life”
While motorcyclists make up less than 3 percent of the vehicles on the road, they account for 18 percent of all traffic fatalities in Florida. Even if you are not driving in Daytona Beach, it is important to be aware of the increased motorcycle traffic this week.Some important safety tips for resident and visitor drivers include:
- Treat motorcyclists with the same respect you give other motorists.
- Always check your blind spots before changing lanes.
- Double-check traffic at intersections before you make a turn or pull out.
- Leave at least a four-second distance between your vehicle and the motorcycle in front of you.
- When passing a motorcycle, allow the motorcycle to have a full lane. DO NOT share lanes.
Look Twice. Save a Life
Motorcyclists are at an increased risk of injury because they lack the protection of seat-belts, airbags and the steel frame of a car. They are also less likely to receive the proper compensation for their injuries. Settling a motorcycle injury claim can be difficult, even with legal help. At the Law Firm of Michael T. Gibson, P.A., we are experienced in handling motorcycle injury claims and are your first ally in the battle for compensation after a serious motorcycle accident. If you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important that you contact an experienced Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyer immediately. Our experienced team of accident attorneys can help you obtain compensation for medical bills, future medical treatment, loss of wages, pain and suffering, etc. Feel free to fill out our quick contact form on our website to discuss your legal options in greater detail.