To make sure your case is as strong as possible, avoid making the following mistakes that often occur after a Florida car wreck:
- Forgetting to exchange insurance information. This is a mistake that many people make because they are flustered and unsure of the proper steps to take following an accident. Always make sure you exchange insurance information with the other party or parties involved.
- Not calling the police. If you are not at fault, the other party may try to convince you not to call the police. This is a bad idea and can have a negative effect on the outcome of your case.
- Not calling your insurance company. If you are not at fault, you may be more focused on contacting the other insurance agency instead of your own. Still, making a phone call to your insurance company is important and will not affect your driving record if you are not at fault.
- Not calling an attorney. A Florida auto accident attorney is familiar with the law and is in the best position to help you get the most out of your case. You should call an attorney you trust for help getting started and filing the right paperwork as soon as possible after the accident has taken place.
- Not getting timely medical attention. If your body goes into shock following a traumatic event, you might not feel the full extent of your injuries. It is important to seek medical attention immediately, so you have legal documentation stating that you were injured.
- Assuming that you can’t collect for damages. In some Florida car crash cases, responsibility goes to both parties in varying percentages. If you were 30 percent at fault, you still have an opportunity to collect for 70 percent of your damages.
- Not taking pictures for evidence. While on the accident scene, make sure you document what happened for your records and for the insurance company. Your insurer will want to see exactly what happened and in many cases will ask for photographs to be used as proof.
Knowledge Equals Power in Orlando Auto Accident Cases
Getting into an auto accident in Florida is a scary and stressful situation. Knowledge and information is power, and with the right help from an experienced car accident attorney, you can get your case resolved quickly and without hassle. In order to help accident victims lean and know their rights, I have written and published a Free Book on the Entire Accident Claims process, and further insurance company tricks and traps to avoid. The book is a quick read, and covers your accident case from start to finish. It will help to alleviate your stress and fear in handling your claim, and could save you thousands in avoiding costly mistakes.
For further help, call us right now at 407-422-4529 for a free case evaluation.