Experts In This Article
- Michael T. Gibson, Esq., Lead Attorney & President at Michael T. Gibson, P.A., Auto Justice Attorney, Catastrophic Injuries Expert and Licensed for 17 years
- Todd Curtin Esq., Partner & Lead Trial Attorney at Michael T. Gibson, P.A., Auto Justice Attorney and Licensed for 8 years
- Amit Jhalli, Esq. Attorney at Michael T. Gibson, P.A., Auto Justice Attorney, Personal Injury Pre-suit Investigation & Brain Injury Expert and Licensed for 9 years
Distracted driving has quickly become one of the most common causes for car accidents in Orlando. The temptation to look at a cell phone that has just alerted us that someone wants our attention, whether by phone call, text, or email, is almost a trained sense. In today’s constantly connected world, leaving a cell phone tucked safely away is not always as easy as we would like to believe it should be.
To help with this temptation, some mobile app developers have released programs to stop this dangerous behavior. Here are a few of the top apps used to prevent distracted driving:
- ZoomSafer– This app does just what the name says it does. It allows you to zoom over to your destination safer. It works by limiting your access to email, texting, browsing, and calling while on the road. For emergencies, there is a call list that may be let through when necessary.
- TextArrest– This app does its part to stop the ability to receive or send text messages or emails while behind the wheel. The app senses when the car is going over five miles per hour and shuts down the ability to send or read messages while the vehicle is in motion.
- Drivesafe.ly Pro– This app takes limiting texting and driving a step further by eliminating the temptation to look at the phone to check for messages. Instead, without the touch of a button, the phone will automatically read a message aloud when one is received. This helps keep drivers hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
Knowledge Equals Power in Orlando Auto Accident Cases
No matter how safe you are, Orlando car accidents do happen. If you have been involved in a crash, contact our experienced Orlando car accident attorneys to learn more about how we can help you get the best outcome possible in your settlement. Call us today at 407-422-4529.