What are some important safety tips for resident and visitor drivers to remember this Bike Week?
- Treat motorcyclists with the same respect you give other motorists.
- Always check your blind spots before changing lanes.
- Double-check traffic at intersections before you make a turn or pull out.
- Leave at least a four-second distance between your vehicle and the motorcycle in front of you.
- When passing a motorcycle, allow the motorcycle to have a full lane. DO NOT share lanes.
Why is it important to hire an experienced motorcycle accident attorney if you are involved in a motorcycle crash?
Motorcyclists are at an increased risk of injury because they lack the protection of seatbelts, airbags and the steel frame of a car. They are also less likely to receive the proper compensation for their injuries if involved in an accident with a motor vehicle. If you have suffered injury as the result of a motorcycle accident with another vehicle, it is important to hire an attorney that has experience handling these injury claims. An experienced Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyer can help you obtain compensation for medical bills, future medical treatment, loss of wages, pain and suffering, etc.
What are some safety tips for motorcyclists to avoid being injured or killed in a crash?
- Watch for “No-Zones.” Trucks have large No-Zones on both sides, the front and behind the truck. Truck drivers cannot see you when you ride in these blind spots, increasing the chances of a crash.
- ALWAYS wear a helmet. Make sure you check for the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) standards on your helmet.
- Drive to survive. Motorcycles are the smallest vehicles on the road and unfortunately provide virtually no protection in a crash. You must be aware of everything on the road, as drivers may not see your motorcycle.
- Be extra cautious of signals and brake lights. Pay attention to other vehicles’ brake lights and signals on the road. Ride with caution and drive defensively.
- Never share lanes. Even though motorcycles are smaller than other vehicles, you must adhere to the laws of the road. Never ride in between lanes of traffic or share a lane with another vehicle.
- Avoid aggressive driving with other motorists. This will only increase your chance of a crash.
- Inspect your bike. Perform a safety inspection on your motorcycle before each ride. Proper maintenance will help reduce your chance of a crash.
- Make sure you wear protective clothing. In addition to your helmet, wearing protective clothing including gloves, boots and a jacket will reduce the risk of severe injury if you are involved in a crash.
- Watch your speed. Motorcycles accelerate the fastest, while trucks and buses are the slowest. Watch your speed around these vehicles, particularly in bad weather or at night.
Have A Great Bike Week And Be Safe
Motorcyclists are at an increased risk of injury because they lack the protection of seat-belts, airbags and the steel frame of a car. They are also less likely to receive the proper compensation for their injuries. Settling a motorcycle injury claim can be difficult, even with legal help. At the Law Firm of Michael T. Gibson, P.A., we are experienced in handling motorcycle injury claims and are your first ally in the battle for compensation after a serious motorcycle accident.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it is important that you contact an experienced Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyer immediately. Our experienced team of accident attorneys can help you obtain compensation for medical bills, future medical treatment, loss of wages, pain and suffering, etc. Feel free to fill out our quick contact form on our website to discuss your legal options in greater detail.