We are ready to serve you with a free virtual consultation during the COVID-19 outbreak. Click Here for more information.

3 Steps to Notify Responsible Parties After Car Crash

Notifying Responsible Parties After Orlando Car Accident

After a car accident in Orange County you are left hurt, scared, and confused. There is a lot of commotion at the scene of the accident and often times when you finally do arrive back at home, you are unsure of who you should call or what you should do.

One of the first steps you must take is to notify the responsible parties of your intent to file a claim against their insurance as a way to get full compensation for your medical bills and property damage expenses. Here are the three steps you must take when you are ready to send this notification.

  1. Decide who the responsible parties are– The person responsible for paying your settlement is not always the driver of the car. If a person was borrowing the car from their parent, family member, or friend, the owner of the vehicle may not be present but they are still responsible for paying for your injuries. Likewise, if the car is being used for work purposes, you may need to notify the driver’s employer.
  2. Write letters to all responsible parties– You will want to have your notification to the other party in writing instead of over the phone. This will help you in case your claim escalates to small claims court. Use the help of an Orlando personal injury attorneyto know how to craft this appropriately.
  3. Give notice as quickly as possible –For many insurance companies, the timeline on when you can notify the responsible party of your request for compensation is limited. Don’t delay in talking to your Orlando personal injury law firm about the steps you need to take in order to get the claims process started.

Hire an Experienced Orlando Auto Accident Lawyer

When you have been in an Orlando car accident, you don’t have to go it alone. With the help of a Florida personal injury law firm on your side, you can get the type of legal assistance you need to know how to handle your case and who to work with. Contact the law firm of Michael T. Gibson, P.A., today for more information on how we can help you get the most out of your claim: 407-422-4529.

Click Here For Your Free Consultation

Copyright © Michael T. Gibson, P.A. 2021