Motorcycling can be an invigorating mode of transportation, but because motorcycles are not as visible as larger vehicles, they’re at an increased risk of being involved in an accident. As you zip along the Florida roads and through traffic on your bike, you may become the unwitting target of an unseeing motorist and suddenly find yourself involved in a Florida motorcycle accident.
Here are five important steps you should take to ensure that you get the most out of your insurance claim if you are ever in a motorcycle wreck in Orlando:
- Call 911.A motorcycle does not offer as much protection against impact with the road or another object as a car or truck does. You or someone else will need to call 911 as quickly as possible to notify emergency personnel and get help on the scene right away.
- Exchange information.The driver who hit you must provide you with their insurance and contact information. The more information you can get that will help in filing your claim, the better.
- Talk to witnesses.If any witnesses stopped to help, get their contact information as well. You may need their testimony when filing your claim, and they could make a difference in the outcome of your case.
- Contact an Orlando motorcycle accident attorney.To get the most out of your claim, it’s important to speak with a lawyer who has expertise in dealing specifically with motorcycle accidents. Call as quickly as possible so your attorney can be working with the other party’s insurance company on your behalf while you recover.
- Speak only with your attorney.While on the scene of the accident, make sure you do not jeopardize your case while you’re in a traumatized state. Instead, offer only the necessary information and ask that all other questions be directed to your attorney.
Hire An Experienced Orlando Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you’ve been involved in a motorcycle accident, we know the kind of trauma you’re going through. Contact the Florida motorcycle accident experts at Auto Justice Attorney for help at 888-465-1577. We’ll work to get you the best outcome possible.