Most people don’t think too much about the risks they are taking every time they get into their car. The fact is, though, that accidents happen, and an already bad situation can become much worse if the person who caused it decides to flee the scene. Suddenly, you’re left alone to deal with your injuries and your damaged vehicle.
Here are a few basic steps you should take if you’re ever the victim of an Orlando hit-and-run car accident:
- File a police report.Call emergency personnel without delay. Once they’ve arrived, the police will collect evidence from the scene that can help with your case.
- Get medical attention.Even if you believe you have not sustained any injuries in the accident, it’s important to see a doctor soon afterward. Oftentimes, adrenaline will cover up the pain you might otherwise feel right away, and you may not realize that damage has been done.
- Contact your insurance company.You will need to let your insurance company know what has happened. Your insurer will help you understand how the company can assist you with any financial obligations that arise from the accident.
- Talk to witnesses at the scene.It’s possible that someone might have caught the license plate number of the vehicle that fled or may be able to provide other information about the vehicle or the driver. This can be extremely beneficial to your case and can help the police and/or your insurance company find the person responsible for causing the accident.
- Contact a Florida auto accident attorney.With an attorney by your side, you can work with your insurance company to get best possible settlement. Or, if the driver who hit you is found, your attorney can negotiate with that person’s insurance company to help make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Knowledge Equals Power in Orlando Auto Accident Cases
If you’ve been involved in a hit-and-run accident, an experienced Orlando auto accident attorney can help you with your case. Here at Auto Justice Attorney, our goal is to make sure you get a fair and reasonable settlement.